Thoracoscopic Oesophageal Atresia and Tracheo-oesophageal (OA/TOF) Neonatal Simulator Workshop
This workshop offers delegates a unique opportunity to gain hands on experience using a new fully synthetic 3D modelled OA/TOF simulator to learn and develop their thoracoscopic skills. It also provides instruction in how simulators can be designed and validated to measure technical expertise. This course gives delegates access to experts in thoracoscopic surgery and is excellent value for money.
Venue: Manawa Simulation Centre, Christchurch Hospital Campus
Date & Time: Thursday 14 March 2019, 8.30am – 11.30am (Registration 8.00am)
Cost: NZD$250 per person
The Workshop is limited to 16 places. To register for the workshop, you do not need to register for the full PAPS Meeting.
This workshop will include lectures and group discussion on:
- Role of 3D printing and computer modelling in simulator design
- Principles of modelling and computer aided design (CAD)
- Role of simulation in surgical training for Minimal Access Surgery
- How to assess acquisition of technical skills in thoracoscopy
- Recognising the critical components of OA/TOF repair that must be replicated in simulators
There will be a practical workshop, in pairs, on a locally developed 3D printed thoracoscopic OA/TOF repair simulator with expert feedback on performance.
(Register for the general PAPS Meeting here)